Arch Shade Installation Instructions
Mount end Installation Brackets 3” from each side. Space any remaining
- Shades up to 40” wide require 2 brackets
- Shades 40” to 72” wide require 3 brackets
- Shades over 72” wide require 4 brackets
Make sure that all brackets are
aligned and level. For the best fit
on a non-perfect half circle,
in a deeply recessed window
the brackets so that
the arch is installed
close to the original
depth that the template was made.
Bracket Installation for Sidemount
Line bracket top with joint where archtop
meets top of rectangular window.
Mark holes for screws. Brackets must be
level. Remove brackets and drill holes.
Insert Bugle Head Screws for keyhole slots
only. Approximately 1/8" of the screw
should be left protruding.
Installation of Fabric to Rail
Use care when sliding fabric into the rail so that you don’t tear the
fabric on the corners of the rail.
Remove the endcaps from the rail.
- Remove the endcaps from the rail.
- Slide the fabric stack into the middle of the bottom rail.
- Fan the fabric out and slide the free stiffened cell of the fabric into the
rail. Note that on arches which are not perfect half circles, one end of
the fabric stack has a straight edge and the other end has a trimmed (jagged) edge. Orient the fabric correctly so that the trimmed (jagged) edge, when fanned out, will become the outside edge of the arch. The
straight side of the fabric stack will form he inner circle of the arch
- Slide the stiffened cells into the rail
so that the ends of the
fabric match up with the ends of
the bottom rail.
Inside the center of the rail, mark where the stiffened fabric ends.
- For perfect half circles
only, cut the plastic stiffener
provided to fit the
pivot opening. Peel
the paper liner off
the stiffener and adhere it to the bottom rail in the inner circle of the arch.
- Replace the endcaps. The four circular dimples on the endcaps
should face down.
INSTALLATION OF ARCH SUPPORT CLIPS
The number of arch supports needed and their position are determined by
the size and shape of the arch. Perfect half circles will require less support
than an eyebrow shaped arch.
- Mark the locations for the support clips. Position the clips so that the the back of the
clips are at the same depth as the back of the
- Place a mark at the top center of the window
opening. Space remaining clips evenly apart.
- Make sure that all marks are at a consistent depth within the sill.
- Screw the arch support clips to the mounting surface through the hole
in the top of the clip (inside mounts) or through the slot in the back
Installation of the Rail into the Brackets - Standard Mounting Bracket